Thursday, January 5, 2012

Painted Apothecary Table

I am so excited about this latest project.  I think it turned out really well.

I found this little reproduction Apothecary table at Goodwill some time back for $4.99.  I like the price  and I immediately had a vision of what it could look like.  I don't have a before picture, but trust me when I say, it was green.  I wanted this table to be something special, so I got creative.


Here it is after I applied the base coat.


And, here it is finished and all dressed up.

Remember my trip to Hobby Lobby?  Well this is why I needed the leopard print scrapbook paper.  I applied the paper using Mod Podge. 







I also lined the drawers with leopard print.


I sits across from the back door and will be a great place to put our keys.



Linking to the following:































Furniture Feature Fridays



Sunday's Best Linky Party!















Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Your cabinet transformation turned out so nicely! Carrying the leopard into the drawers was a good idea!
    Thank you for linking this lovely post to Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What a difference that leopard paper made! Great job transforming the table. I'd love for you to link this up at my Show & Tell party on Wednesday. The party is at mrshinesclass.wordpress.com

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lorna...very pretty indeed! Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that leopard detail is awesome!
    A few blogger friends and I have collectively introduced a fun challenge for January. It would be so awesome if you want to participate! http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/imagine-the-impossibilities-challenge/
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooooo cute! I love the leopard print! And to think you got this for $4.99?! Awesome! I'm your newest follower. Please check out bellanest.blogspot.com if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    I visited your blog today. Your blog is so pretty, and you have many creative ideas. While I was scrolling down, I noticed all your decorations. I would love to see some of your Valentine decor when the time comes around. Me and my daughters started a blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. I would enjoy coming back to visit with you. Your blog is simple and filled with beauty, and it has inspired me to get going and decorate. I hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what FUN!

    You did a fabulous job, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cabinet transformation is very pretty! Job well done! Love the leopard print, it's so great to open up the drawer and see leopard would bring happiness to my face. You got it for a steal, don't you just love it! Thanks so much for sharing over at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow so much pizzaz-love the leopard-following from miss mustard seed-stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great color and the leopard touch--briliant. The piece and its accessories look great together, you've got style. Came over from Embracing Change, glad I did :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there!
    Cute table! Really love the bones of the piece - that was a fun one! The leopard is fun and unexpected - love that. And lining the drawers was a great touch! Thanks for linking up - come back Thursdays to link up again - would love to have you back!
    Stacey of Enbracing Change

    ReplyDelete