Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring Plates


I've been on the look out for decorative plates to replace the winter snowflakes ones hanging in the kitchen.  When I saw these at TJ Maxx, I knew they were the ones, but when I got them home and in place they just didn't look right.

The plate racks were white and the plates were white and on a light wall color it just didn't mesh very well. So what did I do?  

Take a look at the before and after



Before with Winter Plate



After with Spring Plate







I love the new color!


I have two of these hanging on the wall and one sitting on the counter.


Here is the winter before and spring after of that one.


Winter Before

Spring After







This is a great way to add a little Spring to your kitchen.

You can 
Like me on Facebook
 Follow me on Pinterest
Shop on Etsy

Thanks for stopping by!


Linking to:
















Photobucket





At The Picket Fence: Inspiration Friday

18 comments:

  1. Clever! And love those little patchwork birds ...

    Thanks so much for linking it up at our "It's a Cinch" party!

    :)
    Linda
    www.itallstartedwithpaint.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a perfect way to add Spring to the kitchen. I love that you can change the plates out each season. Awesome idea. Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, I like them too. I love finding just the right thing.

      Delete
  4. I love your plate racks, they are fabulous and read is soooooooooo pretty. The spring plates with the birds are stunning. Don't you love it when you find just the right thing. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new Spring plates are just lovely! Thank you so much for sharing them with us at Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa, and thanks for being such a great host!

      Delete
  6. Lorna, love your springtime look with the bird plates and red plate rack. They are really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea! I love those square bird plates! Perfect for my back porch for spring.

    Thanks for linking to our "It's a Cinch" party.

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karianne for stopping by. I love the square plates too!

      Delete
  8. Oh how I love birds - and those spring plates are perfect!

    So glad you joined our Cinch party.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! They are the perfect Spring addition!

      Delete
  9. I am in love with those plates!
    Oh my word!
    Thanks for linking up to my Creative Inspirations party!
    Please come back Thursday to link up again!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, I think the red one is better. I always love red in the kitchen. I have that same exact counter stand but in black, and I have a red bird plate sitting on it. It is actually on my coffee post that I just did. We are thinking alike, my friend. Your bird plate is so sweet.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete