Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring Break 2012

Last week was Spring Break and my Mom was here for a visit.  No projects were worked on, just quality time and a lot of running around!  


Sit back and grab a cup of coffee or your favorite beverage and enjoy the pictures...




Our first stop was at the Pittsburgh Zoo.





































Time for a nap?







My daughter and son




Daughter, Son, Mom




Me, Daughter, Son, Mom







Petting a Stingray

















Later in the week we visited Mill Creek Park in Youngstown, OH.  I was truly impressed with this park that offers over 4,400 acres of beauty.  We only enjoyed a small portion of it and am looking forward to returning often.

Located at the North end of Mill Creek Park is Fellows Riverside Garden.  This is a free public garden and I can see many visits here in my future.


























Mom, Daughter, Son







































Lanterman's Mill is also located inside Mill Creek Park.  Built in 1845-1846, Lanterman's Mill is still operating grinding corn, wheat, and buckwheat.  The facilities here include an observation deck overlooking Lanterman's Fall, a covered bridge, and a hiking tail.


































I hope you didn't mind all the pictures.  We had a great time!

Let me know you stopped by, I love reading your comments!

Visit my Facebook page and like it!


Linking to the following:





























































































































































































3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pics! Loved every sinlge one!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the trees and flowers. ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorna,
    Wonderful pictures! I just went to the Zoo and did a Zoo post too. It was a small one, and I didn't see half as many beautiful animals as you did. You got a shot of the Flamingos - Jess' favorite!! I love that picture, and the tiger one too. I am an animal lover, so I really appreciated this post so much. The red flowers are gorgeous and vibrant with color. These are such lovely pictures. I'm so glad you shared them all.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete