Friday, March 9, 2012

Entry Table Makeover

I've had this entry table for a long time and it's in need of a makeover.





I wanted to use this in the Dining Room and knew exactly what color it needed to be.


I started with the same color as I had painted my Bedroom furniture.  You can see it here and here.


In order to get the color I wanted, I had to mix in some Black.






This is what I ended up with.  I LOVE this color!


Once the paint was dry, I dry brushed on a lighter color to highlight some of the "architecture" of the piece.














Of course a "New" table means a new vignette.



























Please let me know you stopped by, I love your comments!

Linking to the following parties:
The Shabby Nest

Furniture Feature Fridays


















Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special








The Scott's Crib





















17 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job with that table!
    Love the color and the decor is beautiful!
    Very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maria Elena! Glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it the color is pretty i love black tables but this is much better than just black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I love the color as well. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Ooh, very nice :)
    http://carabossesbakeshop.blogspot.com/2012/03/towering-flourless-chocolate-cake.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i forgot to ask what is the iron work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question! It is from an old screen door.

      Delete
  6. This is very pretty Lorna, thanks so much for linking up to my party! You've been pinned:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Latoya! I always love partying over at your place.

      Delete
  7. Great transformation! I love your color choice. It is amazing what paint can do.
    Visiting from the Potpourri Party at 2805.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! I think this is my new favorite color. look for it to be used throughout my home. Glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  8. Your table turned out really great! Love the color. Your accessories look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, I love the color and style of table :) I live in Ohio too come on by for a blog visit! Your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lorna, that table is lovely. I really like the gray you created! And I think your vignette is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous table - so pretty! Please come by my linky party hapening now to link it up - I would love to see you there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete