Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Created Style

Everyone has a style, everyone has favorite colors, favorite patterns, favorite designs.  In other words we all know what it is we like, we know what is pleasing to our eye.

So what someone else loved in their home, may not fit into what we are trying to accomplish in our home.  I like taking something that is less than appealing to me, and making my own.  I guess you can say, that is how I create my style.




I bought this wall hanging at a thrift shop even though I really didn't like it too much.  I love Iris' and I love purple, I even love the crackle finish, but as a whole it just didn't work for me.  But I knew I could turn it into something that I really did like.


With a little paint, some scrapbook paper, and a Chip Board letter, I transformed this into something that will fit into MY style.












It's interesting to me to see how we put different things together to form a style that is all our own. 


I would love to hear from you, leave me a note and let me know you stopped by!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Linking to the following:
 
 

 
Wow Us Wednesday
 
Feather Your Nest @ French Country Cottage

3 comments:

  1. I love it! What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at Michael's today and they had some tin squares like yours for $1.50. I didn't buy any because I wasn't sure what to do with them. Now I have to go back and get one to copy your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new color better....and love the monogram!

    Have a blessed and amazing day,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete