Monday, November 14, 2011

My story

I'm a southern girl who has been swept away to the north.  My husband accepted a job in Ohio and we packed everything up and headed north.  We have been here about 3 months and so far so good.


I once lived in the land of HOT summers and where saying YA'LL was socially acceptable.  Now I have to have to make sure we have enough warm clothes to get us through the winter ahead. 

It has already snowed here!!

And when I talk, I have to explain why I sound like I'm not from here.


We have a grown son who choose to stay in Arkansas, but I'm constantly hopful he will decide to come join us.  We have a daughter in high school and a son in middle school and their transistion seems to have gone ok.

I love to shop for anything that can be used to make our house a home.  We live in a rental and couldn't be happier, it feels like it was built for us.  Blog land has been such an inspiration to me, hence the name Inspiration Overload.  Somtimes I have so many ideas I can't keep up with them all.  I would love to have you follow me on my journey to discovering the joys of northern living as well as how I make this a home we can be proud of.

Guess what I did today...

Put up the tree!!  We will be heading to Arkansas for Thanksgiving next Saturday, so my idea is to have the tree finished before we leave so that when we get home the following Satuday we can come home to a decorated tree.

We bought a new tree this year and this is the first time I have had a 9 footer so I am excited!!  Stay tuned for updates on the decorating.

Lorna

No comments:

Post a Comment